Time spent in a sauna is a great way to relax and relieve stress, but some people also use their sauna to lose weight. Some athletes use a sauna to drop pounds before a big event like wrestling, bodybuilding or wrestling. On average, a person can burn between 300-500 calories after 20 to 30 minutes in a sauna. This equals about 5 pounds.
Sauna Weight Loss Tips
The weight you lose is water weight, so expect some of the pounds to return when you rehydrate. Consider these tips to help you lose weight with your sauna:
- Sit in your sauna for 15-20 minutes twice a week, slowly building until you can sit for 30 minutes.
- Daily saunas are recommended for ideal detoxification and long term weight loss.
- Set your sauna to 150 degrees.
- Drink plenty of water; before, during and after your time in the sauna.
- Eat right and exercise to kickstart your weight loss.
- Use your sauna after working out to relieve pain and to get you ready to work out again soon. Sauna increases recovery time.
Have questions about using a sauna to help you reach your health & wellness goals? Give us a call or stop by our showroom and we’ll be happy to give you all of the information you need.