It can get a bit chilly around here in the winter, with highs in the beginning of the year staying around 50 degrees Fahrenheit, sometimes even cooler. But you shouldn’t let that stop you from utilizing your Big Green Egg to make some mouth-watering comfort foods that warm up your soul.
Are you wanting some traditional favorites to satisfy your winter craving? Why not give these a try:
- Roasted Hatch Chile Mac N Cheese – You’ll need the indirect cooking with the convEGGtor so you can bake this ooey-gooey goodness until it’s bubbly too!
- Apple-Walnut Crostata with Caramel Sauce – This rustic treat blends three different types of apples for a more complex and balanced flavor. You’ll need a baking stone and aluminum pie peel to pull it off right.
- Breakfast Fatty – When you wrap sausage, bacon and eggs together, you’ve found smoked goodness for breakfast! You’ll need your half moon plancha griddle for this one.
If you’re looking for something with a little more flair to impress someone, these Big Green Egg recipes may make a winter gathering, or a simple date-night-in, that much better:
- Grilled Oysters – Forgo the convEGGtor for this one, but you’ll need the perforated grill to get these basil garlic butter delicacies just right.
- Honey Glazed Smoked Halibut – Use lighter smoking wood, such as alder, fruit or pecan wood, to get this smoke just right.
- Ultimate Bacon Jam Burgers – Burgers at a social gathering at your place aren’t anything special, until you make them ultimate with this Big Green Egg recipe!
Don’t let those chilly winter blues get you down! Invite over some friends and laugh over an awesome smoked meal. Or have a special evening with that special someone and wow him/her with your culinary marvels that only the Big Green Egg can help you achieve.